2014 TAIPEI TECH INTERNATIONAL STUDENT [OCCUPATION] COMPETITION
This competition takes on an elemental perspective to architectural design and sustainability. The keyword of this year is “OCCUPATION”. Occupation of public realm or private property, legally or illegally, unintentionally or on purpose, temporarily or permanently, is happening all over the world. Militarily, politically or spatially, evaluation and definition of “occupation” are open to participants’ imaginations.
Participants are to revisit the ideas of occupation and produce creative proposals under consideration of sustainable issues. While the term “sustainable” is subjected to many dimensions: environmental, economic and social, participants are free to interpret in their own ways. The site chosen has to be real and its coordinate values have to be marked under the theme on submission boards. Spatial proposals with occupation statement and responsive design strategies are expected.
Department of Architecture, National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech)
The Architecture Cultural & Educational Foundation of the National Taipei University of Technology Yuan Lih Construction Co., Ltd.
Open to international students (undergraduate or graduate, no PhD) in the fields of architecture and design related disciplines from an accredited architectural program. Graduates with certificate in and after 2012 are accepted. Teamed collaboration consisting of no more than 3 students in the above mentioned fields is permitted. Each participant, being part of a team or participating individually, could submit one project only. Projects submitted must be of participants’ original works.
Registration deadline: November 10th, 2014 5:00 PM (Taipei Time, UTC+8)
Please download registration form (.doc) on the website: http://competition.ntutarch.com
Rename the file with the main contact person’s name
(2014 TAIPEI TECH_Registration_XXX.doc)
and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(E-mail subject: [Occupation] competition registration_XXX )
Upon completing registration, participant(s) will receive a confirmation letter (via email) with registration number, which will be necessary for submission boards. Please keep the PDF file for submission later.
Submission deadline: November 15th, 2014 5:00 PM (Taipei Time, UTC+8)
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary.
STEP1. The project submission must contain the following files:
- Confirmation letter PDF: registration confirmation letter sent from the organizer via email with registration number. For example: A51-confirmation.pdf
- Two A1 boards in portrait format: Two A1 boards (594mm x 841mm) including theme, coordinate values of the site, project description and drawings, with registration number at the upper right corner (about 60pt). There should not be any names, marks or other form of identification. The resolution of the boards must be 300dpi, RGB mode and saved as PDF files. The files must be named after the registration number followed by the board number. For example: A51-board1.pdf and A51-board1.pdf .
- Project description text: a .DOC file containing the project description (600 words max). This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word “description”. For example: A51-description.doc
- Statement: Please download the statement form (2014 TAIPEI TECH_Statement.doc), fill it, attach related certification documents, scan and save as JPG file(s). The file(s) must be named after the registration number followed by the word “statement”. For example: A51-statement.jpg (for teamed collaboration: A51-statement1.jpg / A51-statement2.jpg / A51-statement3.jpg)
STEP2. All the files must be placed in a zipped file named after the registration number. For example: A51.zip or A51.rar. Size of the ZIP folder is suggested to be less than 15MB, while size more than 25MB will not be accepted.
STEP3. Participants must submit their proposals via email no later than submission deadline to the following email: email@example.com
with email subject line named after the registration number. For example:
[Occupation] competition submission_A51
1. Accepted languages of OCCUPATION competition are both Chinese and English, orEnglish.
2. Submitted works must be original. Plagiarism, intellectual infringement or any suspected violation of law will lead to immediate disqualification. National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech) does not take any legal responsibility for contents submitted by participants.
3. Each entrant grants the National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech) the right to use, distribute, publish, and release entrants’ submission including images, texts, and translation, wholly or in part for paper reproduction and internet distribution without compensation.
4. The National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech) reserves the right to alter competition requirements and rules at any times at its sole discretion.
– Gold Prize winner will be awarded $60,000NTD and a certificate
– Silver Prize winner will be awarded $30,000NTD and a certificate
– Bronze Prize winner will be awarded $15,000NTD and a certificate
– Honorable Mention winners (five) will be awarded $5,000NTD and a certificate
DOWNLOAD > 2014 TAIPEI TECH_Registration_XXX.doc
DOWNLOAD > 2014 TAIPEI TECH_Statement.docx