Architecture Summer Internship
Dewberry has exciting opportunities in our Fairfax, VA office, for current undergraduate or graduate students, to work as architecture interns during the Summer 2015!
Available positions at this location include:
- Architecture Intern (1 positions available)
Must currently be enrolled in BS or MS degree program.
This position works under close supervision of a PA/PM. Receives specific and detailed instructions regarding tasks. Interns will assist designers and project architects in conceptual design on assigned projects; assist project architect in developing preliminary specifications, material, product selection and research; and assist in construction phase shop drawing review and assembly of requests for proposals, change orders and closeout documentation. Must have strong skills in performing renderings and other design type functions. Has a strong understanding of CADD and other project software. Qualified candidates should exhibit strong organizational, conceptual design, and good oral and written communication skills. Candidates should also possess a positive attitude, an outstanding work ethic and be team-oriented.
- Must currently be pursuing a professional degree, Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- Previous internship experience preferred; experience in Dewberry project types including health-care, university, municipal, institutional, and government is a plus
- Must have start of the IDP process to become licesnsed is a plus
- Candidate must be proficient in MS Office, Adobe Photoshop and demonstrate strong REVIT expertise.
- LEED accredidation a plus; but more importantly candidate must be familiar with sustainable design practices.
This posting is intended for career fair participants only. If you did not attend the event please apply through our general profile link.
Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.