Discover Architecture High School Competition, for high school students
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the very first Discover Architecture High School Competition. This is an exciting competition where high school students put their drawing skills to the test. All high school students in both public and private schools in grades 9-11 are encouraged to participate. The focus this year is on architectural drawing. Students are encouraged to draw from life; however, creative liberty is encouraged as well.
This competition is an excellent vehicle for students to explore an interest in architecture and design, as well as compete for an opportunity to attend Discover Architecture, the School of Architecture’s residential two- week summer program.
It is our hope that this competition will encourage a future generation of architects to enter the design field, and to promote the importance of architecture and design to all.
The winning student will receive a full scholarship to Discover Architecture, summer 2013, at a value of $1300. Discover Architecture is a two-week all-inclusive residential summer program.
All high school students in both public and private schools in grades 9-11 are encouraged to participate.
All entries must be of an architectural nature, and must be authored by one individual.
Students may submit one entry per year.
For detailed guidelines, please see below.
Step I – Register for the competition NOW
Step II – Registered students get early access to contest details, as well as entry tips and inspirational cues.
Step III – All registered students will receive directions on how to upload their artwork by April 24th. In order to be considered for final judging, all students must have submitted both a registration form and uploaded their artwork online by 5pm (central time) May 17th.
Step IV – Winner announced week of May 20th.
Follow the Competition on Facebook
Interested in the competition? Follow us on Facebook for updates, hints, tricks, and information on the latest developments from the Discover Architecture High School Competition Committee. We’re working on some exciting new content for students interested in architecture and design, stay tuned!
1. The content of the drawing must be architectural – a space, building, an urban formation and/or a landscape or garden.
2. Entries can be elevations, sections, or perspectives, and can be conceptual or final renderings. Exploration and innovation in unique techniques are encouraged.
3. Submittals are strongly encouraged to have been drawn in situ – at the location.
4. Either a single image or a page combining different views, diagrams and conventions is acceptable.
5. All pieces must be drawn by hand. No computer generated images will be accepted.
Additional characteristics sought–
· Strong quality of line
· Accuracy of perspective
· Clear eye for Detail
· Overall good craftsmanship and clean presentation
Crowe, Norman and Lasseau, Paul
More details HERE