Graphic design internship at Carpenters Workshop Gallery
Graphic design internship
Mayfair, London, United Kingdom
One of very few destinations in London that showcases pioneering design-art, Carpenters Workshop Gallery extends the boundaries of design by uniting and transcending the contested categories of conceptual/functional and design/art in thought-provoking exhibitions. Its focus is to promote and foster the careers of contemporary designers through exhibiting unique and limited edition works through exhibitions and international fairs.
The gallery presents established artists such as Marc Quinn, Atelier van Lieshout, Wendell Castle, Ingrid Donat and extends to the current generation; Sebastian Brajkovic, rAndom International, Robert Stadler, Pablo Reinoso, Demakersvan, Rick Owens, Vincent Dubourg and Studio Job.
- organising and updating the gallery’s visual library
- preparing and maintaining graphics up to date in several digital platforms (website, iPads)
- image retouching and graphic design for catalogs, press releases, invitations and other sales documents. Assisting on the creation of presentations and proposals for clients
- assisting on the creation of graphics and plans for fairs
The internship will also require some administrative tasks:
- gallery administration, working either from the front desk or in the office
- dealing with inquiries from clients, galleries, curators, press, auction houses and visitors
- assisting with curatorial research for forthcoming exhibitions
- event planning and organisation for private views, exhibitions and international fairs
- organising itineraries and travel plans or orders and deliveries
- maintaining contact databases
- providing assistance to other members of the team
The offered internship is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wishes to be involved in the running of a leading contemporary art/design gallery. A hands-on role, it requires a focused candidate with a desire to learn, a professional outlook, and a passion for art and design.
- software: Adobe Photoshop (as proficient as possible), InDesign and Illustrator. Knowledge of 3D drawing software will be appreciated
- a background in graphic design, product design, or fine arts would be appreciated
- an interest in contemporary art and in working for a gallery
- good writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely are an essential part of the job. Fluency in English is a must
- excellent multi-tasking skills, every day is different
- you must currently be residing in the UK
Based at the Mayfair space and Chelsea, the internship is paid, salary to be announced. We require a minimum of four months commitment, working Monday to Friday, five days a week.
Application deadline: April 8, 2015
How to apply
Please email your CV, portfolio and a brief covering letter to the attention of: Juan Martin Pereira