Look forward to the future in the Core77 Conference 2015: “DESIGNING HERE/NOW” this October
The 2015 Core77 Conference looks into the future of contemporary design in DESIGNING HERE/NOW. Happening at the Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles from October 22-24, the three-day event explores the ideas, relationships, and technologies that are pushing forward the boundaries of contemporary design.
During the three-day event, attendees can listen to and get inspired by a multitude of visionary speakers, connect with fellow members of the architecture and design community, and of course, enjoy great food and drinks with the insiders of L.A.’s design community.
DESIGNING HERE/NOW gathers a diverse group of speakers from leading companies to share their own thought-provoking ideas and projects that are well ahead of their time. Their presentations demonstrate new ways of thinking that changed what we make, the way we collaborate, how we conduct business, and what the future has in store.
Confirmed Speakers & Moderators include:
- Tanya Aguiniga – Artist and Designer
- Gadi Amit – Founder and President, New Deal Design
- Ayse Birsel – Designer and Author
- John Bielenberg – Founder of Project M and CCA Secret Project
- Paul Dillinger – Head of Global Product Innovation, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Nicole Jacek – Founder / Creative Director at NJ(L.A.)
- Jessie Kawata – Visual Strategist, NASA Jet Propulsion Lab
- Sly Lee – Founder and President, The Hydrous
- Matthew Manos – Founder and Global Strategy Lead, VeryNice
- Dr. Ivan Poupyrev – Technical Program Lead at Google ATAP
- Brendan Ravenhill – Lighting and Furniture Designer
- Ryder Ripps – Creative Director, OKFocus
- Nadine Schelberton – Director, Design and Branding at WET Design
- Victoria Slaker – Vice President of Design, Ammunition
- Pip Tompkin – Pip Tompkin Studio Founder
- Tad Toulis – Vice President of Design, Sonos
- Javier Verdura – Director, Product Design at Tesla Motors
This year, Core77 expanded their programming to include guided, design-oriented field trips. Trips are optional, with limited space, and need to be purchased separately from conference passes.
The trips take place simultaneously. Even if you like them all, you can only choose one:
- WET Design Head Quarters
- Walking tour of the Los Angeles Arts District with Alissa Walker
- Guided tour of “Someday is Now: The Art of Corita Kent” exhibit at Pasadena Museum of Californian Art