Michael McInturf Architects is looking for Junior / Intermediate Architect
Michael McInturf Architects is a growing, critical design firm based in Cincinnati, Ohio. MMA began its lineage with unique, digitally-based collaborations, developed using advanced 3D software. At MMA, our projects commence with investigations of local systems, both natural and synthetic, that are specifically applicable to each site. We strive for intelligent abstractions of these local programmatic, climatic, and biotic conditions to inform the iterative development of our work, resulting in a holistic and ecologically calibrated design.
We are engaged in solo projects and multi-firm collaborations ranging in scale from experimental furniture to urban re-visioning. Project types are equally diverse, ranging from high-end residential, to urban infill mixed-use, to university campus masterplanning.
We are looking for talented individuals to enrich our architectural practice, and to bring creative energy to our design process. Candidates must be local, or willing to move to the Cincinnati area in the short term (at own expense).
- 2-5 years of architectural design experience
- Architecture degree, M.Arch preferred
- Excellent design sensibility and comfort with an iterative digital design process
- Proficiency in Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, and AutoCAD / Revit
- Ability to develop design from conceptual phase to construction level drawings
- Self motivated with excellent time management / organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to efficiently prepare presentation-quality design images
- Proficiency in Maxwell Render and/or V-Ray for Rhino
- Intermediate/Advanced Grasshopper skills
- Familiarity with digital fabrication topics
- Construction Documentation experience
- Understanding of construction techniques and contemporary detailing methods
Please submit cv & portfolio (< 10 pages / 3MB) to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.