Paid architectural internship at Gensler – Spring 2015
Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm, with staff located in offices around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler’s offices in the South Central Region (Austin, Dallas, Houston) are seeking interns for the 2015 Spring semester to join the team. We offer our interns an exciting opportunity to work on design projects as fully collaborative members of our design teams. In addition to hands-on learning, our interns will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include sustainable design, project tours and vendor visits to provide maximum exposure to the design profession. As we are committed to continuing education and career advancement, IDP support will be offered for those who submit applications. Gensler Houston is an active corporate partner with the city, serving the community around it. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in events and initiatives that support the city.
This is a full time, paid internship.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Must have at least 3 years of full-time enrollment in an accredited Architecture or Interior Design program.
- Collaborative work skills.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to design.
- Strong 3-D computer rendering skills (SketchUp, 3D Max, Rhino 3D, etc).
- Capable skills with presentation software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit training/experience a plus.
- Hand sketching ability a plus.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disables and veterans are encouraged to apply.