Solar Decathlon Europe 2014, hosted by Versailles, France
Time has come ! If your university is interested in participating in the next Solar Decathlon Europe 2014 in France, please find below all the needed information to complete and send your proposal.
SOLAR DECATHLON 2014 UNIVERSITIES / SCHOOLS
The request for proposals (RFP) for Solar Decathlon Europe 2014 in France are available below. The following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
Please note the following important dates for the Solar Decathlon Europe 2014 in France :
– Issue date of the RfP : Octobre 10, 2012
– Due date: December 10, 2012 – Midnight Paris time
– Select teams : December 21, 2012
All worldwide universities (college of architecture, engineering and design) are invited to submit proposals. All proposals will reviewed, scored, and ranked.
For technical questions, please submit to email@example.com
1) Deadline for proposal submission
We have to receive in Paris in our office, the full document by post, by December 10, 2012 – midnight Paris time.
The proposal should be sent to:
Solar Decathlon Europe 2014
Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment 4, avenue du Recteur Poincaré
75 782 Paris Cedex 16, FRANCE
To facilitate handling, please mark the following on the outside of the envelope containing your proposal or other related
SOLAR DECATHLON EUROPE 2014 PROPOSAL
To be opened by addressee only
2) Do we just have to print and sign Attachment B or is anything else to be developed in this document ?
You must send and signed the proposed “Statement of Work”
Extract RfP point 4 : “One (1) copy of a signed Statement of Work (Attachment B)”
“1. A cover letter including a statement of the universities commitment to participate in the competition, including the acceptance of or any changes with reason.
Note : any exception must contain sufficient explanations and justification to permit evaluation. Such exceptions will not, by themselves, automatically cause an offer to be rejected. A large number of exceptions or one or more significant exceptions not providing any obvious benefit to SD Europe Organization may, however, result in rejection of such offer as unacceptable.
2. Five (5) bound copies of a signed Technical Proposal, 3. One completed Registration Form For Entry for each University that is part of a team (Attachment A), 4. One (1) copy of a signed Statement of Work (Attachment B), 5. Five (5) copies of a signed completed Price Proposal Form (Attachment C)”
3) For the Technical Proposal (TP), is it quite clear that there is a limitation of 20 pages as for the TP, including appendices ?
The non-technical informations (letters, resumes, etc…) will not count as part of the 20-page maximum
4) What is the level of detail to give you for the Price Cost Proposal (PCP) ?
We know that some items are easy to price-quantify, and that some others are more complex, but we need a Budget so precise as possible regarding the conditions for a prototype process.
We don’t have a detailed sample of a project summary budget, as many of the teams use various type of approach with materials, team’s budget, travels,…
For more informations : http://www.solardecathlon2014.fr