The International Congress of Architecture Students, RELOCATE’13: “Urban Transformation”
The International Congress of Architecture Students, organized by T.C. Maltepe University Faculty of Architecture, will be held between the dates 18-19 of April 2013. For the congress, abstracts are accepted from the students in bachelor’s programmes of architecture.
INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS of ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS
Faculty of Architecture, Maltepe University- ?stanbul, TURKEY
18-19 April 2013
The Architecture Students Organizing Committee at Maltepe University is delighted to announce the opening of the call for papers for the RELOCATE ‘13: “Urban Transformation” undergraduate students conference to be held at Maltepe University on 18-19 April 2013. We welcome submission for individual papers and panel proposals that should be addressing, but not limited to:
· Spatial Expulsion / Admission, Spatial Threshold
· Social Expulsion / Being, Social Threshold
· Questioning Borders
· Alternative Approaches for Urban Developments
· Future Scenarios
Abstracts can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com 1 March 2013. The theoretical framework of the summary declaration, the method and the results should be laid down in a clear way. The text of the abstracts should be submitted in English ONLY, in a word document of min. 500 words. Panel proposals should consist of at least 5 people and an abstract (max. 500 words) should be prepared by each member of that specific panel. All papers will be published in the proceedings which will be prepared prior to the congress.
Papers should be adjusted according to the following guidelines before final submission:
- Papers should be original that have not been presented and published anywhere else.
- Papers should be prepared in English.
- Papers should be prepared in Word format and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full papers including any tables, charts, appendixes and references, should not be any longer than 20 pages.
- Papers should be typed 1.5-spaced on one side of a standard A4 paper with Times New Roman pt 12, left margin 2,5 cm, bottom-top margin 3 cm and right margin 2,5cm. Title of papers should be in bold and 14 pt font size.
- PowerPoint presentation shall not exceed 20 minutes.
- The full papers and contents should be prepared according to national/international guidelines accepted.
We encourage lecturers, teachers and professors to circulate this call widely across your undergraduate students. This will be a unique occasion to visit the legendary city of Istanbul, where you can enjoy the harmony of cultures, harmony of people & the rhythm of diversities.Istanbul is the only city in the world where you can enjoy your meal with the landscape of another continent. (http://english.istanbul.com/)There will be plenty of opportunities for socialization and organized trips.
Participating students will be joining fellow students from Turkey and across the world to debate the raising issues in the area of urban transformation and architectural education in a conference organized by students for students, with the support of staff at Maltepe University’s Faculty of Architecture. The papers will be published in RELOCATE’13 Congress Book.
|1 March 2013||Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|11March 2013||Announcement of accepted papers|
|25 March 2013||Deadline for submission of full papers|
|18-19 April 2013||RELOCATE ‘13 Congress|
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or visit our website at:
PS.: There is NO Registration Fee!Participants attending the conference will be hosted by Maltepe University at our 5-star Marma Congress Centre (www.marmakongremerkezi.com).Participants will only have to pay their travel expenses which will be at a discounted rate with the courtesy of Turkish Airlines, the best airline in Europe in 2012. All other expenses will be provided by Maltepe University.
RELOCATE ’13 Organization Committee
Congress Executive Committee (President)
|Ilg?n Ye?im Elde?
Congress Executive Committee (Vice- President)
You can also contact us via
and Twitter, https://twitter.com/Relocate13
On behalf of the “RELOCATE ‘13” Organization Committee